Thursday, June 18, 2015

Weekly HOMILY for May 30, 2015: Feast of the Holy Trinity


PODCAST - Press sideways triangle below to listen

Feast of the Holy Trinity
Handicapped Encounter Christ
Retreat and Conference Center at Bon Secours
May 30, 2015
CREATED WITH LONGING ++++++++++++++++++++++
Ø  (Using hand gestures) Created by God
Ø  Sent forth with a longing
Ø  Longing for God is like an appetite
Ø  It has its proper object and only it will satisfy it
Ø  So when I’m hungry I don’t want to sleep
Ø  When I’m tired I don’t want to eat
Ø  When I’m thirsty I don’t want to sleep
ADVERTISERS ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ø  Advertisers who are very committed to selling us all sorts of things know about this longing
Ø  They therefore try to sell us things that will satisfying this longing
Ø  Many taken in by what advertisers are selling us
Ø  They get distracted by money, health, fame, power, influence, or material possessions
Ø  In my time with you, I’ve found that’s Not so w/ U
DIFFERENT LONGINGS +++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ø  What world sees as limitations and imperfections become for you ways to be more like God
Ø  You are blessed and closer to God then …
o   Because of your poverty
o   Because you are gentle
o   Because you hunger for justice
o   Because your heart is pure
o   Because you are merciful
o   Because you want so much to be an instrument of peace
o   Because you’ve allowed your conscience to develop
BECOMING FREE TO HONOR GOD AS TRINITY +++++
Ø  Glory today of HT: Father, Son and Holy Spirit
Ø  In all ways you’re blessed, U come to know G the Father is your creator & U’re created in his image
Ø  God the Son is your friend and model
Ø  God the Holy Spirit is your protector, source of energy, your motivation
CONCLUSION ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ø  So in line with our focus from the 142nd Psalm we can say:
o   When I speak, it will be of blessing and gratitude…
o   & let your glory w/i me shine out 2 world

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++