Monday, June 08, 2015

Daily HOMILY for May 26, 2015: Tuesday of the 8th Week in Ordinary Time


PODCAST - Press sideways triangle below to listen

Tuesday 8th Week OT
The Institute
May 26, 2015
THE 1ST LEAVING HOME +++++++++++++++++++++++
Ø  I had already left my family and community for 2 years when I became fully aware that I was still trying to live up to the expectations of my father
Ø  In fact, I was shocked after many years when I found out that many of my work habits, career decisions, and life choices were still deeply motivated by my desire to please my parents
Ø  I still wanted to be the son or the brother they could be proud of
GOOD OR BAD, WE LEAVE HOME ++++++++++++++++
Ø  Leaving father, mothers, brothers and sisters for Jesus’ sake is a lifelong task
Ø  It is only gradually that we realize how we go on clinging to the negative as well as to the positive experiences of our youth and how hard it is to leave it all and be on our own
Ø  To leave “home,” whether it was a good or a bad home, is one of the greatest spiritual challenges of our life
CONTINUALLY LEAVING HOME ++++++++++++++++++
Ø  The older we grow, the more we come to see the deep roots of our ties with those who were our main guides during the formative years of our lives
Ø  Jesus wants to set us free, free from everything that prevents us from fully following our vocation,
Ø  Free also from everyone who prevents us from fully knowing God’s unconditional love
Ø  To come to that freedom we have to keep leaving our fathers, mothers, brothers, and sisters, and dare to follow him…
CONCLUSION ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ø  As we grow in wisdom, we learn that the “where” we are being called to, at times, we would rather not go
Ø  As members of this community, let us admit that it takes a individual friends, a loving community, support groups of various kinds to help us get there
Ø  And for that we are grateful!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++