Friday, November 24, 2006

Weekly MESSAGE for November 26, 2006: Parades and Prayer on Thanksgiving

November 23, 2006
Thanksgiving Morning

Dear Friend,

It’s Thanksgiving morning as I write. One can only take so much of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. I’m not sure why I even turned it on for even a few minutes to watch this morning while I prepared the vegetables for today’s dinner. Perhaps it was because we always had it on growing up, while my mother prepared the feast that would follow at 2:00pm.

What I found more life giving was Morning Prayer and the silence of simply resting in God’s presence. It is an extraordinary experience not to have to produce or do anything when praying. Just being is such a relief, having God manifest himself to you is such a joy, receiving that presence simply fills you with gratitude and thanksgiving.

So for the gift of life, and new life each day in the Spirit, for family and friends, for ministry I give thanks. May the day be filled with much of the same divine presence and giving of thanks for you.

Love,
Father Nick Amato

No comments:

Post a Comment